Are you here because everyone is using the latest Kodi version and you’re still stuck on the old one? Fear not, by the end of this article you too will know how to update Kodi to the latest available version! Streaming applications are all the rage now and the hype for it does not seem to end. An organizer is in dire need to ensure that all the media that you have carefully curated to be made available in one place. Kodi is the perfect solution for the same, it provides a single location to stream any media that you have on your desired device.
Being an open-source application, the application is constantly updated and developers work on it furiously to rid the streaming software of bugs. This makes it a must for the Kodi users to stay on their toes and update it constantly with the arrival of the same.
The device makes and the Operating Software of the same are two important factors to be considered before updating Kodi as the software requirements differ with the device (PC/Android). Continue reading the article to find out how to update Kodi.
About Kodi 19.0 “Matrix”
Kodi 19.0 “Matrix”, is the latest version of the Kodi streaming software available. It was released on the 20th of February 2021 in replacement of the previous version- “Kodi 18 Leia”. Around 50 developers curated this version of Kodi including multiple new reforms and updates that will benefit the user massively. One of the major improvements in Kodi 19.0 is the introduction of Python 3 as the default scripting language, which allows for better performance and stability. Additionally, the new version has a refreshed user interface that is more user-friendly and modern.
1. Features of Kodi 19.0 “Matrix”
- Appearance is the first thing that is judged by an individual. Kodi has improved its skin and feels by taking inspiration from the “Matrix” and making it a themed software for this version.
- The GUI controls have been changed and various other small changes that may be subtle but effective in improving user experience.
- Subtitle formatting has also been improvised to ensure the eyes are not strained while viewing the same since the majority of users utilize the subtitle feature.
- Security is the primary priority of any interface and the new and updated version of Kodi protects users by introducing a binary add-on system that monitors data exchange.
- Diversity of platforms has been worrisome trouble in the past which has been foregone by the new version. To give equal importance to each of the platforms included.
How to Update Kodi On different Devices?
Here is how you can update to this latest and highly popular version of Kodi on different devices!
1. On Windows
If the Operating system used by your device is “Windows”, follow the steps given below to update your Kodi application to the “Matrix” version.
- Using the internet browser on your PC, hop on to the official website of Kodi.
- On the top right corner, you will find the “Download” option.
- Click on the same and you will be redirected to the download page. On further scrolling, choose the desired OS- “Windows” in this case.
- Download the software on which a zip file will be downloaded to your PC.
- Open Kodi -> Addons -> Install from ZIP file.
- Open the newly downloaded ZIP file.
- From the main menu, choose the “Addons” option
- From the various available options of the “Addons” choose the latest released update “Kodi 19 Matrix” and install the same.
- Enjoy Kodi!
2. On MacOS
For those users owning a Mac Operating System, the procedure is much simpler as compared to other Operating Systems. The following steps will suffice to update your Kodi to the latest version.
- Using your desired browser, open up Kodi’s official website.
- On the top right corner, you shall find the “Download” option, click on the same.
- On scrolling, choose the desired Operating System- “MacOS”.
- Choose the appropriate size for the device and download the file.
- Once the file is downloaded, open the file -> Drop the Kodi Application file onto the Application folder of your device.
- On being asked if you want to replace the application, confirm your choice.
- Enjoy the latest version of Kodi!
3. On Android
This is the most convenient and handy option for most users as accessing the Kodi application on your handheld device is the most comfortable. The latest update of Kodi is also highly beneficial for android users, here’s how you can avail them.
- Hop on to your “Playstore”.
- On the top left corner, a “Hamburger” icon is visible. Click on it.
- On “My apps and games”, you will find your Kodi application which has already been downloaded by you.
- On clicking the same, the “Update” option on the right side shall fulfill the updation process.
- Enjoy Kodi!
4. On Firestick
The most popular device that is used to access Kodi is the Amazon Firestick. However, the amazon app store, unfortunately, does NOT cater to the downloading requirements of Kodi. Hence a proven method is described below to get your Kodi up and running on its latest version.
- Download an application that supports downloads from third-party websites (“Downloader” is a recommended application).
- Access the official Kodi website through the same.
- On the top right corner, you will find the “download” option. Click on the same and scroll down to choose “Android”.
- Ensure the 32-BIT processor is opted for.
- Open the downloaded file and it will install the updated version of Kodi onto your device. Your previous customizations will not be compromised.
- Enjoy Kodi!
It is presumed that by the end of this article you will have logged on to Kodi and are using the latest version of the same. We all know according to “Morpheus”, -” Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is”. But we have decided to take the risk and inform not one, but multiple methods of updating your Kodi application to the “Matrix” version.
The various devices on which you can update Kodi has been explained in detail through the course of this article. We hope it has been helpful for you to update Kodi. If you face any troubles while updating Kodi on your device, use the comment box below to let us know.
If there are any other devices you require to be added in, the comment box is always available for the same. Go ahead and enjoy Kodi!