Have you ever accidentally deleted your Whatsapp Chat? Have you lost all your important old chats & messages? Well, now you don’t have to worry about it mate as here in this post we are going to share real methods using which one can easily recover deleted WhatsApp messages.
Mostly we face this issue with Whatsapp when we try to login into our Whatsapp account on our other smartphone. At that time, We have to fresh install WhatsApp from the beginning and we don’t have any chat & messages at all, in case if you haven’t taken any backup. And if you are like me then you definitely forgot to take the backup. Take a chill & keep reading this post. Till the end, you will get to know How to restore deleted WhatsApp Messages without Backup.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages?
There are various methods using which one can easily retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages. Here in this section of this post, we are sharing a few methods using which you can easily get your old WhatsApp chats & messages back in just a few steps. (Real Methods)
1. Restore from Google Drive Backup
This is one of the simplest methods using which you can easily recover all your old WhatsApp messages and chats. But to take advantage of these methods, you must ensure that you have enabled the Daily/Weekly Option in WhatsApp Chat Backup settings. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- First of all, Open WhatsApp on your Smartphone.
- Then Go to Settings.
- Next click on Chats.
- The move to Chat Backup.
- There you will see various options related to WhatsApp backup.
- And If you have already enabled the Backup Daily/Weekly option at the time of installing Whatsapp on your device then you will see the Last Backup details too.
- Under the Last Backup, There is a Green button (Backup) and beneath that size of your Whatsapp messages is also mentioned.
- Simply click on the Backup button to backup all your chats & messages.
- We recommend you download the backup using high-speed WiFi to avoid any issue in between.
- That’s all, You are done with Backup.
- Next time when you install WhatsApp on your smartphone then you will see the Restore option there.
- Simply Install WhatsApp, Enter your phone number & don’t forget to select the Restore option.
- It will automatically select the backup if available on your device.
2. Retrieving From Local Backup (Android)
Our WhatsApp chats are always saved in the devices on which we are using WhatsApp. All of your recent and old chats are available in the form of encrypted mg database files. To know how to use these files to recover our old WhatsApp messages, read the below step-by-step guide.
- Firstly, You need to check for your WhatsApp Backup files.
- For that, Open the File Manager 📁 on your Phone.
- Next, Move to Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Database.
- In the Database section, you will see various backup files.
- Among those backup files, look for msgstore.db.crypt12.
- You can also rename this main file as msgstoreBACKUP.db.crypt12.
- Along with this file, you will see various similar files with different dates in names like msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 format.
- These dates represent the date on which you have taken the backup.
- Select the most recent dated file, if you want to restore the recent chat backups.
- Else if, Choose the most suitable backup as per your choice.
- After selecting one of the backup files, you have to rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- That’s it! Now when you install WhatsApp again on your smartphone then after verifying your number it will prompt for RESTORE BACKUP ( along with file name).
- Select that backup & click on proceed further.
- Hurray! You will get all your Chats & messages back.
Not Getting the Chat Restore Option? [Short Trick]
If you are not getting the Restore option then follow the below steps.
- Firstly open Whatsapp on your device.
- Make sure that all your chat’s backup files are available in the Internal Storage > Whatsapp > Database folder.
- Now verify your mobile number using OTP.
- Check for the Restore option.
- If it doesn’t not prompt for Restore Backup then Open Google Drive on your Android device.
- Go to the menu options (3 lines available on the top corner).
- If you see any backup there then delete that Whatsapp backup.
- Now fresh install the Whatsapp on your phone.
- Verify it using OTP.
- Now you will see the RESTORE option for sure.
- That’s all, In this way you can easily recover all your deleted Whatsapp messages.
That’s all for this Informative guide on How to recover deleted Whatsapp messages. We have shared 2 Real working methods in this post. Both these methods work like a charm in our case. Still, if you face any kind of issue in restoring deleted Whatsapp messages then do let us know in the comment section. Our team will surely resolve your issue ASAP.
And, If this method really proves to be helpful for you then don’t forget to share this post on your social media profiles so that more and more people can get to know about this working method of recovering deleted Whatsapp messages. Stay tuned with us for more such posts.
Thanks for Reading.