Messages on iPhone can get very bulky on memory. Therefore, it is better to delete messages from time to time to make space on your iPhone. In iPhone, there is a pre-build option that automatically deletes messages after a certain amount of time. Due to this feature, some of the important messages got deleted automatically. Therefore, it is a smart thought to learn how to recover deleted iMessage on iPhone.
In this article, we will help you with this problem by getting to the solution to recover deleted iMessages through detailed steps on various platforms.
How To Recover Deleted iMessages?
In this article, we are going to provide three ways in which you can recover your deleted or lost iMessage, we hope they help you, so let’s begin with our very first method:
1. Recover Deleted iMessage From an iCloud Backup
If you have a backup of your deleted messages on iCloud then, you will be able to recover them. We have some easy steps to help you recover these messages.
1. Firstly, open Settings on your iPhone, and tap on the name/picture icon at the top.
2. Navigate to the iCloud > Manage Storage and then choose Backups.
3. A list of available backups will appear.
4. If you will click on one of the backups, you will find the date of the backup. Choose the backup that is for your device and was saved before the messages were deleted.
5. Even if you find the right backup, you have to make sure to reset your iPhone to factory settings before setting it using an older backup. Be sure to keep separate copies of any recent files you want to keep.
If you haven’t got an old backup with the data you need or you don’t want to overwrite the data added to your phone since the old backup, you’ll need to try something else.
2. Recover Deleted iMessage Without Backup
This is the most accurate method in terms of working- since it doesn’t require a complete reset of your device however it doesn’t work for everyone. In some territories iPhone doesn’t provide backup services, therefore this method can be used.
Go through the first two steps to check, if you have backed up the data in messages or not. If not, then you can move to the next method.
1. Log into your iCloud account.
2. Click on Text Messages (if this option is not available there might be a possibility that you have not backed up, then you can switch to the next method).
3. Search for the iMessages you want to restore.
4. Go to your iPhone and select Settings >[Your Name]> iCloud.
5. Make sure to Turn off Text Messages before proceeding.
6. You might see a popup where you need to click on Keep On My iPhone option.
7. Now, Turn on the messages in the message box. Click on Merge and then wait. The deleted messages will surely reappear on your iPhone after some time.
3. Recover Deleted iMessage on Mac
If you can’t find a suitable iCloud backup, you may be able to recover your messages from a backup on iTunes which can be restored using Mac. Even if you have not backed up messages, you can still give it a try.
1. Firstly connect your iPhone with your Mac.
2. Once the connection is established, launch iTunes.
3. In the top left-hand corner an iPhone icon will appear. Click on that iPhone icon and select your device in the finder from the lefthand menu bar.
4. Now click on Restore Backup. You can find this option under the general tab in the finder option.
5. All the data that you have previously backed up will be transferred to your iPhone. This will take some time. As long as you have followed your backup procedure and your messages will appear on your device.
There are very unfortunate events when we wrongly delete important iMessages and soon after seem disappointed. In such a case, you always have the option to recover deleted iMessages on your iPhone. In this article, we have discussed various methods through which you can easily retrieve your lost iMessages.
We hope that this detailed information will provide you with an answer to your questions regarding the restoration of messages.