So basically, OptiFine is an optimization mod for Minecraft, a lot of Minecraft players use this mod to boost their FPS and some use it to make their game look stunning by downloading shaders. If you are here to know how to install OptiFine? You’re in the right place. Minecraft players with potato PC (I was one of them) use OptiFine mod to make their game playable. Many people have benefited from OptiFine mod throughout their Minecraft journey. If you want to improve your Minecraft experience, then you will have to install the OptiFine mod in your Minecraft by the steps mentioned below. It’s a Minecraft utility that improves the game’s efficiency and stability. And it’s easy to install. And you can make your experience much better after installing OptiFine.
I’ll help you get this OptiFine experience in Minecraft so you don’t have to rage quit the game if it lags or if you want to make it more beautiful by inserting shaders or other mods.
How to Download and Install Optifine?
I will guide you through the steps to download and install OptiFine, along with that I will also guide you through some troubles you might face during the installation/downloading process.
1. Download OptiFine
Follow the steps mentioned below to download the OptiFine mod.
- Go to Optifine’s download page. If you cannot reach the website through this link, then the server is probably under maintenance and you will have to wait for a little while. You will also have to specify which version of Minecraft OptiFine do you want. Personally, I’m downloading the 1.16.5 version.
- And if you want to change the version there will be an option to “Show All Version”. I personally download OptiFine by clicking on the mirror link, because it is faster for me. One last thing to keep in mind is that you have to play the version of Minecraft from which you’re downloading the OptiFine.
- Again you will find that a new page with the version of Optifine you opted for and the Download button appears.
- Click on the Download button and the Minecraft mod Installer file is downloaded on your device.
- Make sure that your file is downloaded to a know location which will make your further process easy to execute.
2. Installing OptiFine
Simply follow these steps to know how to install Optifine.
- After downloading OptiFine, navigate to the folder where you saved it.
- Once you’ve located OptiFine, drag it to your desktop screen, then right-click on it, then click on “open with”.
- Then select JAVA and click on “OK”. Now if you don’t have JAVA, just search how to download JAVA on your search engine. Then follow those steps and download JAVA on your desktop.
1. Completing The Installation of OptiFine
- After you click on “open with” and select JAVA, click “OK”.
- And then a new window will appear for “OptiFine installer”. After that you will see “install”, click on it.
- Another window will appear saying “OptiFine is successfully installed”. Then click “OK”.
3. Opening Minecraft with OptiFine
Here are steps to follow for opening Minecraft with OptiFine.
- Now open your Minecraft on your desktop, in the bottom left of your Minecraft launcher, you will see the option to change the version of Minecraft. In there, you will find the option of OptiFine.
- If you don’t have that option, don’t worry I will assist you. If that’s the case, click on “Installations” on your Minecraft launcher.
- After clicking on it, you will notice on the right-hand side, there will be “Versions”. In there, there will be boxes, you have to tick all the boxes for OptiFine to appear.
- If even after that you don’t see the OptiFine option, which is a rare case, don’t worry click where it says “new” with a ‘+’ sign. And then name it as per your convenience. Then click on the versions option. In there, click the OptiFine option.
- If you don’t find it on the top. Scroll down to the bottom. And click on OptiFine.
- Now you can see the OptiFine version. And all you have to do is start playing.
Now that you have OptiFine, your dream has been achieved, but I plan to make it better. I will show you a small guide to install shaders, to make good use of OptiFine. And if your PC can’t handle shaders, you can either not install shaders and enjoy OptiFine as it is.
But on the other hand, if you can install shaders even if you can install low-end shaders, you should always keep shaders in your arsenal (Trust me I love shaders, they make Minecraft look so much better).
How To Install Shaders?
In this small guide, I will show you how to Install Sildurs Vibrant Shaders. (But these steps are similar if you want to install any other shaders)
- First, download the shaders into your PC. You can choose whichever version of the shader you want to download. Then select the version and download it to your PC.
- Locate your shaders in your files, it should be in a zip format.
- Copy or cut the shader file, then search in your files “%appdata%”
- After that, you will see a “.minecraft” file. Click on it.
- After that, you will see a folder named “shaderpacks”. And if you don’t see that folder. Just create a new folder name “shaderpacks”. Click on it.
- After that, paste the shader pack you copied in the “shaderpacks” folder. Now it’s all done.
- All you have to do is, open Minecraft and locate the shader by going into the “options”.
- Then in “options” click on where it says “video settings”.
- After that, you will see the “shaders” go into it.
- Then you will the name of the shader you installed just click on it then press “done”. Now you can enjoy your game with shaders.
Also Read: How to Fix Audio Renderer Error on Windows?
It doesn’t matter if you want to install OptiFine, either to make your game look beautiful or you want to make Minecraft actually be able to run on your PC. OptiFine is a great mod to have in any circumstances because it has a lot to offer for Minecraft enthusiasts.
Now, that you know how to download, Install OptiFine and shaders you can create your very own world. And experience it to the fullest, either if you decide to completely beat Minecraft by defeating the Ender Dragon or just casually playing the game for a while. Whichever road you choose to go on, I wish you luck and have a great time on your journey. Now enjoy this beautiful shader presented below.