Have you ever noticed that whenever we purchase a new Android smartphone? It comes integrated with a browser that has a default homepage. If you are among them who love to customize their smartphone. Then you definitely need to know about content://com.android.browser.home/. This is nothing more than a link that is often used by the browser, with the help of link content://com.android.browser.home/ browser set default homepage.
If the homepage of your browser isn’t good enough for you. Then you can easily customize it according to your needs. In today’s post, we’re going to know about what content://com.android.browser.home/ is and how to change the homepage of the browser.
What Is content://com.android.browser.home/?
Most Android smartphone manufacturers come with a default browser. The browser’s homepage is default set with multiple website links that you will probably never visit. But luckily, you can change the homepage of the browser with the help of content://com.android.browser.home/. All browser homepages can be altered in looks, but they all are associated with the content://com.android.browser.home/.
Here are the steps that will guide you on changing the browser’s default homepage.
How To Set Default Browser On Android Smartphone?
People often love using Google Chrome, UC Browser, and Mozilla Firefox as their default browsers. But a lot of time, people are not sure of how they can change their default browser on android. Here we’re going to discuss how to set your preferred browser as your default browser.
- Go to settings and click on Apps.
- On the top right corner, you’ll see three dots click on it and select Default Apps.
- Tap on the Browser section. And select the browser that you want to set as your default browser.
Now all your tabs and links will automatically open in your favorite browser. Now it’s time to customize the homepage of the browser that comes by default.
Step To Change Default Homepage on the Default Android Browser
The guide below will help you change your browser’s default homepage.
1. Change the Homepage on Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome Browser.
- Click on the three dots available in the top right corner and select Settings from the list.
- Click on the Basics. And a screen will appear on your screen with the home page section click on it.
- If you’re unable to view the homepage section under basics, then you might need to type Chrome://flags/. This will head you to the experiment page.
- On the experiment page, you’ll see Force Enable Home Page Button, enable it. Quit the chrome, open it again, and follow the second and third steps.
- Under the ‘Open This Page‘ section, types the URL of the website that you want to set as your homepage.
Close the Chrome browser and open it again, and all the homepage changes that you’ve made will appear.
2. Change the Homepage on Firefox
- Open Firefox and tap on the three dots available in the top right corner.
- Select Settings from the list and click on the General section.
- Tap on the Home tab to customize your homepage.
- Click on Custom and type the URL of the website that you see as your homepage.
- Close the Firefox and relaunch it once again to view the new changes you’ve made.
3. Change Homepage on Opera Browser
- Open the Opera browser. And click on the icon available at the bottom of the right corner.
- Go to Opera browser settings and disable news, notification, trending searches, and recent searches.
- Open the Opera homepage once again and delete all the Speed dials that you don’t usually use.
- Click on the Plus sign and add the sites that you want to set on your homepage.
Now all your Opera homepage is set with the new sites that will improve your surfing experience.
Many browsers are available on Google Play Store. You can download any browser that meets your expectations. So download them and install them on your Android device and stop pressurizing your mind by continually thinking about content://com.android.browser.home/.
But if you still want to learn more about it, then hopefully our article helps you understand what it is and how you can use it. By making you aware with content://com.android.browser.home/. If you still have any problems, then feel free to share them with us. We will assist you.